Sunday, April 19, 2020

TRIUMPHANT

PRINCIPAL’S SPECIAL BULLETIN No.4 

Monday 20 April 2020


Kia ora and welcome to this new week!


Over the weekend I found an “elocal” magazine in a box of memorabilia and the article which was included in it, from early 2016, gave me something to smile about. 
Apart from the fact that the photo is a lovely one of Roy and Moananoa, two of the head prefects of that year, it was a phrase related to the school’s future which caught my attention: “towards a triumphant future.”
In term 1 of this year, I sensed that our school was starting to get closer to this feeling of triumph than has been the case for quite some time. I know many of you have been feeling the same level of excitement as we have seen our numbers grow and grow. While we know there are a lot of challenges ahead of us, and that we will continue to face, we know that our school is flourishing. “Triumphant” is an unusual word to choose but it’s a word that gives me a little bit of a thrill when I read it. It’s a grand word, 
and it’s used in connection with our great and wonderful school. I get a thrill every time I walk into our 

staffroom and see the wonderful, clever and creative staff we have gathered together, who make such a vibrant and happy team. I get the same thrill every time I sit on the stage in our junior assembly and look down at hundreds of junior students, whose families have chosen to enrol them in our school. I guess that is “triumphant.” The list goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment